Privacy NoticeNovember 8, 2023
We value the trust that you place in us by sharing your personal data with us. Kids of Ukraine takes your privacy seriously and is committed to handling your personal data in a way that is fair and worthy of that trust. We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from misuse and keep it secure. We believe it is important to inform you about how we will use your personal data, what rights you have relating to your personal data. Therefore, we encourage you to read this privacy Notice (hereinafter referred to as the “Notice”) carefully, it will help you to understand how your personal data is processed when you're using our website, located at https://kidsofua.org/
Who we are?
The data controller is NON-PROFIT Private Limited Company by guarantee without share capital use of 'Limited' exemption «KIDS OF UKRAINE» (ID number 13953122), registered at: 41 Devonshire Street, Ground Floor, London, England, W1G 7AJ, hereinafter - "we or ours or Kids of Ukraine".
How do we collect and use data?
You can view our Website without providing your personal data to us. However, we will automatically receive certain technical data when you enter our Website.
Automatically collected data.
- Browser and device information: we receive information about the device which you are using (type, model, online identifiers such as IP address, MAC address, etc.) also we receive information about your browser (type, version, language, etc.)
- Usage information: we collect the information relating to the usage of the Website, including your actions on the Website if such actions are present;
Data you give us.
On our Website you may leave some of your personal data. Such data includes:
- Contact data: email address
- Bank data: our name with card information.
Why do we use your data?
- To provide you with access to our Website. We process your personal data to provide you with access to our Website so that you can view its pages and see its contents.
- To improve your interaction with our Website. We use some of your personal data for analysis and statistics, as well as for the development of new functions of our Websites. The legal basis for processing is a legitimate interest. This kind of processing consists mainly of depersonalized data, hence it does not override your rights and freedoms.
- Updates and news. If you provide us with your contact data we will send you reports, news and updates. You can always withdraw your desire to receive reports, news and updates by clicking the link in the email.
- Compliance with legal requirements. We could process certain personal data in order to comply with legal requirements.
What rights do you have?
We undertake to keep your personal data confidential and to ensure that you may exercise your rights. In that aspect, you may exercise your rights free of charge by writing us an e-mail to a single e-mail address ([email protected]), simply informing us of the reason for your request and the right that you wish to exercise. If we consider this necessary to be able to identify you, we may request you to provide a copy of a document evidencing your identity.
You have the following rights:
- To request access to your personal data that we hold.
- To request that we rectify the personal data that we hold.
- To request the portability of your personal data. This means that you will have the right to receive the personal data that you made available to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-legible format, to be able to transmit them to another entity directly without impediments on our part.
- To request that we cancel or limit the processing of your personal data, which entails that in certain cases you can request us to temporally suspend the processing of the data or that we keep them longer that necessary.
- To erasure (also known as the right to be forgotten). We erase your personal data to the extent that it’s no longer necessary for the purpose for which we need to keep processing it or when we are no longer legally permitted to process it or if you withdraw consent.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not, however, use your personal data in the way, based on automated decision-making which produces legal effects on the User.
A cookie is a file stored on a user’s hard disk containing user information. We use necessary cookies to make our site work. Necessary cookies enable core functionality such as security, network management, and accessibility. You may disable these cookies by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the website functions. The links below provide information about cookie settings for browsers:
We’d also like to set optional cookies unless you enable them. The cookies collect information in a way that does not directly identify anyone. They help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. You can reject analytics cookies on cookie pop-up.
How do we share and disclose data?
We do not share and disclose your contact data to any third parties under this Notice. However, we may share your personal data under the conditions of Safety, Legal purposes, and Law enforcement. We will disclose your personal data to third parties to the extent necessary to:
You have the following rights:
- comply with a government request, a court order or applicable law;
- defend ourselves against third-party claims;
- assist in fraud prevention or investigation.
How do we handle your data?
- Security. We provide appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal data we process and maintain. For example, data that we receive is available only to authorized personnel.
- Retention of your personal data. We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose of the data processing in accordance with this Notice.
How can you manage your personal data?
If you would like to execute any of your personal data rights such as: access, review, update, rectify, delete, object, restrict or execute your data portability right, you can email us [email protected]describing your request.
How do we update this Notice?
If we decide to update our Privacy Notice, we will post the changes on our Website. If we materially change the way we process your personal data, we will provide you with prior notice, or where legally required, request your consent prior to implementing such changes. We strongly encourage you to read our Privacy Notice and keep yourself informed of our practices.